Don't let problems get you down.

Horace Andy / Augustus Pablo – Problems / Lovers Mood
Pressure Sounds – PSS 001
Vinyl, 7", UK, 1995

The last time I posted something here was almost six months ago, when we were days away from an important election... and when I had I had convinced myself once again that there was some chance I could pull off posting music on a more regular basis. At least my hopefulness for the election was well founded! Chicago has a new mayor and some new optimism, but life remains complicated. Major changes at work and home given me plenty of excuses from ever diving back into music (or this blog) like I intend to.

instead of sad stories though, I'll share some good advice from the great Horace Andy. "Don't let problems get you down, they will put you in a hole." Not sure if anyone is still lurking around this site, but I'll try to keep that guidance in mind and start putting some music up here every now and then if anyone is searching. I hope you find this and enjoy.

Classic Horace Andy tune from 1975 Jamaica, repressed 20 years later in the UK with a lovely Augustus Pablo instrumental version on the flip. The song made an earlier adventurous trip from JA to the UK in the (punky, part German?) cover of Problems (and its even better dub) by Ari-Up and the On-U Sound crew that showed up here previously on this New Age Steppers album from 1981.

Enjoy and keep your head up.

________________________________________________

Tracklist
A Horace Andy        Problems
B Augustus Pablo        Lovers Mood

________________________________________________

He will guide you along in FLAC (24 bit/96 kHz, download zip): https://mega.nz/file/8eJjGaya#W6TBJ-LJ_LNq23Zb5FhTuEKNH4a5ho9nnVXaYJkCcTo

With his heart and soul in MP3 (320 kbps, download or stream): https://mega.nz/folder/EG51iZoA#VTIUTEU-ZGUc_hdNTk3cEw

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll never figure out how to keep up with you though...

      Delete
  2. Nice to get you back! and what a comeback!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You bet, hope you liked it. More Horace Andy just posted.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's version (Auld-U Syne?)

(you've got to have) Freedom.